Six Things To Like About This Market
- High ownership rates. A total of 40% of properties are fully owned in the area. This has a tendency to keep the market more robust when interest rates rise.
- Strong rental market. Whilst yields may not be the highest in the country, the rental market is solid.
- Socio-economic advantage. Most suburbs in the area have a very high socio-economic ranking.
- Those views. Million dollar views can be found for under $750k.
- Renovators dreams. Whilst most of us in the north island have been paying through the nose for knock-downs, suburbs such as Rokeby offer some excellent buys for anyone inspired by The Block.
- Perfectly placed for the apocalypse. Great properties for doomsday preppers.