This analysis is based on houses only. Based on this review I would recommend the suburbs of Blackmans Bay, Howrah and Tranmere.
Suburbs Included In The Hobart Analysis
This analysis looks at 6 markets all located within the Sa4 of Hobart. Each is a statistical area 3 (based on Australian Bureau of Statistics standard).
- Brighton Suburbs: Bridgewater – Brighton – Dromedary – Gagebrook – Herdsmans Cove – Honeywood – Old Beach – Otago – Pontville
- Hobart – North East Suburbs: Acton Park – Bellerive – Cambridge – Clarendon Vale – Clifton Beach – Cremorne – Dulcot – Geilston Bay – Grasstree Hill – Howrah – Lauderdale – Lindisfarne – Montagu Bay – Mornington – Mount Rumney – Oakdowns – Opossum Bay – Risdon – Risdon Vale – Roches Beach – Rokeby – Rose Bay – Rosny – Rosny Park – Sandford – Seven Mile Beach – South Arm – Tranmere – Warrane
- Hobart – North West Suburbs: Austins Ferry – Berriedale – Chigwell – Claremont – Collinsvale – Derwent Park – Dowsing Point – Glenlusk – Glenorchy – Goodwood – Granton – Lawitta – Lutana – Magra – Montrose – Moonah – New Norfolk – Rosetta – West Moonah
- Hobart – South and West Suburbs: Allens Rivulet – Blackmans Bay – Bonnet Hill – Coningham – Electrona – Howden – Huntingfield – Kaoota – Kingston – Kingston Beach – Leslie Vale – Longley – Lower Longley – Lower Snug – Margate – Neika – Sandfly – Snug – Taroona – Tinderbox
- Hobart Inner Suburbs: Battery Point – Dynnyrne – Fern Tree – Glebe – Hobart – Lenah Valley – Mount Nelson – Mount Stuart – New Town – North Hobart – Ridgeway – Sandy Bay – South Hobart – Tolmans Hill – West Hobart
- Sorell – Dodges Ferry Suburbs: Boomer Bay – Bream Creek – Carlton – Carlton River – Connellys Marsh – Copping – Dodges Ferry – Dunalley – Forcett – Kellevie – Lewisham – Marion Bay – Midway Point – Nugent – Orielton – Pawleena – Penna – Primrose Sands – Richmond – Sorell – Wattle Hill
Market Summary - July 2022
- Brighton currently has 3 months of inventory (up 0.32 months since June). Sometime in Q3 this is expected to tip past 4-months with the balance of power shifting towards sellers. Based on a rolling 90 day median, prices for houses between June and July remained flat (0% change).
- Hobart – North East currently has 2.2 months of inventory (up 0.3 months since June). This level of inventory is still very low, but we are seeing the advantage shifting away from sellers. Based on a rolling 90 day median, prices for houses between June and July fell (-1.6% change).
- Hobart – North West currently has 2.8 months of inventory (up 0.35 months since June). Based on a rolling 90 day median, prices for houses between June and July remained flat.
- Hobart – South and West currently has 2.9 months of inventory (up 0.31 months since June). Based on a rolling 90 day median, prices for houses between June and July actually increased by 6.1%. This is unlikely to convert into a month on month trend.
- Hobart Inner currently has a low 2.2 months of inventory (up 0.29 months since June). Based on a rolling 90 day median, prices for houses between June and July remained flat.
- Sorell – Dodges Ferry currently has 3.4 months of inventory (up 0.9 months since June). This market is forecast to hit 6-months of inventory this year with some significant downward pressure on prices as a result. Based on a rolling 90 day median, prices for houses between June and July fell by 6.3%.
Median prices have been collected using a rolling 90-day sample for each Sa3. Using agent-advised sold prices gives us a much more timely result (up to 3-months faster) than relying on state licensed data and using the Sa3 provides a sufficiently large sample to reliably land on the median even though we won’t have 100% of population data.
The following 1 to 5 risk scores follow the same approach used by the Australian Property Institute. A higher score, such as a 4 or 5, represents a higher risk. A lower score is a lower risk. When you see a risk score of 4 or 5, it warrants further investigation.
Both Sorrell – Dodges Ferry and Brighton have some of the highest risks currently. Pipeline building approvals could push inventory levels much higher if demand drops, which will see prices under more downward pressure this year. The two markets with some of the strongest risk ratings currently are Hobart – South & West and Hobart – North East.
Click on the links below to search all suburbs in each Sa3 using realestate.com.au.
Suburb Level Analysis
Be sure to click through to the price segments, profiles and elevation section on our Suburb Map. The profile section presents socio-economic scores for an Sa1.
A total of 4 heat maps (technically they are choropleth maps) have been created using a statistical area 2. This is larger than a suburb, which helps provide a more robust measure, especially when dealing with smaller sample sizes. Scroll through to each map using the arrows.
Median house prices are based on a rolling 12-month sample at the Sa2 level for this map.
SEIFA is the decile rank used to measure socio-economic advantage-disadvantage.
Affordability is the number of years worth of income it takes to cover the median house price. For example, 9.7 years of household income.
Vacancy rate is calculated based on (a) the number of rentals advertised for 21-days or more and (b) the total number of properties rented via real estate agents. The percentage vacancy rate is calculated using (a)/(b).
Top Streets - Profile For Blackmans Bay
Our Top Streets report will be made available for online instant purchase before the end of August. Listed below are the top 20 streets for Blackmans Bay. For the complete list of all streets, click here to download the full report for free (in Excel format). You can purchase any suburb in Australia for $40.00.
Using an automated valuation model (AVM) we have valued every house on every street. Using the median of these results, we can then rank the streets. To help improve the validity of the results, I have ignored any street where fewer than 10 AVMs for houses could be created.
- LADY PENRHYN DRIVE
- CICERO COURT
- TAHUNE CRESCENT
- SUNCOAST DRIVE
- FLOWERPOT CRESCENT
- LIBERTY COURT
- TINDERBOX ROAD
- ILLIRA WAY
- CLEARWATER COURT
- BURWOOD DRIVE
- TALONE ROAD
- BLOWHOLE ROAD
- POWELL ROAD
- OCEAN ESPLANADE
- TIMBERTOP DRIVE
- HONEYSUCKLE DRIVE
- HAMPTON COURT
- DIAMOND DRIVE
- PENGANA PLACE
- KULGOA PLACE
Real estate agents can instantly target home-owners in the top 20 streets in any suburb. We identify the top 20 streets and target owners who have been in their homes for more than 10-years. Everything is automated and done for you.
Based on the Sa2 results, I would recommend the following suburbs:
- Blackmans Bay
Before You Buy
Use the services of a professional valuer before you buy. To find a local valuer, click here.